Saturday, September 3, 2011

Needy Vs Detach

Hubby and I handle things very differently in our relationship. There were times that made me feel that we are so different from each other, and how strange can that be? Yet when we don’t have each other we most probably will be at our lowest.

I can just confirm that our strengths and weaknesses are generally very complimentary. I am a stress freak, I can be stressed even if the weather is not to my liking, I get stressed when my angels don’t come online on a daily basis, I get stressed when hubby comes home with the wrong grocery shopping. Literally, I am stressed 24/7. When I am stressed I blow my air at every little thing that comes my way, and I detach myself from everything, yeah you guess that right, hubby will be my bull’s eye target.

However, when hubby is stressed, he becomes too emotionally needy, he will talk and talk and talk, which sometime does not make sense to me at all. He can be like a little boy lost, if he is at work, my phone will be ringing like a million times. He needed that support to overcome his stress. Weird, but this is how he faces his stressed moments, thank God that were not too many.

Many will think that our incompatibility will most probably kill this relationship, but where he is needy I have always been there to pull him through. Though he hates my compulsive detachment, he has never failed to love me unconditionally. That should be the complement to our incompatibility, I believe.

We are aware of our weakness and strength, we are confident that consciously we will never let each other down. I believe that we are each leaning on a super strong pillar and not just threading on a loose bridge.

Our priority is to make sure that we are taking steps to get both of us what we need and be happy.

No comments: