Saturday, September 17, 2011

He ROBOT

A lot of people still do not understand, in fact most of them still don’t understand what a match hubby and me is.  We are not only the total opposite of each other but hubby has a very very unique personality and characteristic that people just cannot understand him.  He is the most boring person that I have ever met in my life, yet he is the love of my life.

He is not naturally in tune or could grasp the feelings of others; he is simply super super insensitive at times.  For example when my little angel comes home and announces her score in any assessment, I will be jumping with joy, while hubby will look at her and ask, are you top of class yet, or are you a nerd yet? After more than 8 years together, my kids and I do already understand him and we just fit into his eccentricity, and manage to laugh at him all the time.

Can you imagine as a wife when I have a problem and try to discuss with him on a rational basis, he will not see my point at all, be it the way we will take to go to any destination, how to approach problems that my angels have, how to overcome the demands of his parents and which way to go forward with his career, etc? Like a cool dude his response to conflict will always be with logic and reasoning (scientific and mathematical logics and reasoning (OMG)).  I swear there were times that I would have torn my hair apart just to get to him, he will never see my desire for emotional support……………. Duhhh!

Oh wait, before I forget, believe it or not it took him nearly two years into an exclusive relationship with me before he could tell me the magic words “I love you”.  He is just hopeless with expressing his feelings and affections.

There were moments, when I look at him; I just shake my head, thinking “Oh stranger, how can I love you so much”? We are two very strong headed individuals, and when he believes that he is right at all time, the evil side of me will never allow that, or should I say that my pride is much bigger than the whole universe?

Birthday cards for the kids are always technically worded if I only leave it to him to get one.  His joke is so lame, I don’t understand them at all, but Alhamdulillah, the kids do get his jokes at times and they have a good relationship with him, and that counts more than me wanting to kill him.

In the beginning tolerating hubby’s mechanical and technical and robotic behavior was soooooooooooo difficult, but don’t forget how much I love him, so I know I can tame the robot and make it human, if not 100 percent, at least 40 percent now.

Ok, why am I writing this entry today (Saturday)? Well, it is because I am sitting alone in my living room, blinking at the boring TV, tired of making scores on Zuma on the laptop, and Mahjong Tower Touch on the iPad and keep measuring the length of my money plant, and missing him, as Saturday is normally our snuggling day, but he is not here now and I am not sure when he will be back, yeah he has taken a new hobby…………………… arrrr ……………. GOLF and I know how addictive this hobby can be.

I will wait for you honey even if it means till the moon starts smiling.

1 comment: