Monday, September 26, 2011

Impromptu chocolate cake

Last Saturday, I wanted to surprise hubby with his favorite chocolate cake, just to discover that I do not have any cocoa powder.  Frustrated and not willing to go out to get it.  I searched the larder and found that I have some dark cooking chocolate.  And guess what, that is exactly what I used to make the cake that got the thumbs up from Chef Diva upon her arrival.
 
1 1/2 cup cake flour, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
 1 cup raw brown sugar, 1 1/3 margarine
 Dark cooking chocolate (as much as you like)
(melted)
 Three large bio eggs
 1 1/2 cup milk (since I don't have any milk in the fridge, I decided to use the powder milk (diluted in cold water) instead)
 
 Blend the raw brown sugar and margarine till really fluffy
 After eggs and milk being added (at the stage of adding in the flour, I changed to the old method of folding in the flour, instead of blending them together)
 Add the melted chocolate using the fold in method also
 Mixture ready for baking (bake for at least 45 minutes)
Fresh from the oven
Thumbs up from Chef Diva

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ai H, sakan buat kek, jaga2 inci ya.