Sunday, September 11, 2011

'Nasi Lemak' And Desiccated Coconut

 The 'Nasi Lemak' cooked using desiccated coconut
 'Sambal' aubergine and Can octopus (no oil was used in this dish)  
 Hard boiled eggs
 Water Spinach (Kangkong)
 Indian Mackerel (Ikan Kembong, we only can get them frozen) substitute for fried anchovies 
Fresh cucumber

From last night I have the craving for ‘nasi lemak’. I was not sure what I have in the fridge to make up for the condiment of the ‘nasi lemak’, since the thought came close to midnight, I was just too lazy to go and check exactly what I have. But I know I went to sleep with ‘nasi lemak’ on my mind.

I woke up this morning, took out my retainers and headed straight to the kitchen. I took out everything that I wanted to cook that goes with the ‘nasi lemak’. I washed the rice, julienne the ginger and put them in a pot to boil, when I realized that I don’t have any coconut milk. I felt so frustrated on this discovery, but I will not go down without trying. Quick thinking, I saw that I have a bag of desiccated coconut in the larder, I put half of the desiccated coconut in the blender add enough water and blend it. This was what I used to replace the coconut milk. It works.

We had ‘nasi lemak’ for our Sunday brunch and now happily waiting for the F1 to start. Oh, if the weather is excellent we might also take a walk by the river.

Happy Sunday, happy me and happy hubby………………………

1 comment:

mummy-who-cooks said...

Mid, I have never tried Nasi Lemak with deciated coconut. Brilliant idea, must try this recipe. How are you by the way?? Nita (ex-Mass Comm)