Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's Your Graduation

“Mama, my graduation is on now, it will be for two days, and I don’t know who to invite”. My medic princess wrote. It is sad because rightfully hubby and I should be there to cheer her on, to celebrate this big day of her life, this day when the title Dr. will be written on a scroll for her. After all she had run more than just a marathon, she had jumped more hurdles than I could have anticipated, she had been haunted by crazy piers and supposedly model superiors, and she only deserves the best on her graduation.

I called her and we spoke at length, we laughed, we teased each other and I gave her my recommendation of the invitees. I also told her on the dos and don’ts for graduation day celebration; I am against bouquets and bears, and over dressing, as I have seen some people attending graduation dressed liked a bride and being buried with bouquets that had more colored wrappers than flowers. I told her to stand tall to her profession and be elegant like her mama always (he he he, I always think that I am, but who else will think of you as elegant if not you yourself right?).

I was very happy that we had the mother and daughter talk in preparation for her big day. I miss her so so much and love her nuts, I could not be more proud of her. She wanted to stay in a five star hotel, spoil herself in hours of spa, and just chill till her heart content. You go girl, just do what you want for the celebration, I will be holding you in my heart and praying for you all the happiness be bestowed.

I am sorry again that I will not be there to see you walk on that stage, smiling as you receive your scroll, but I will fly some balloons and tell the world that my daughter is out there and ready to serve the nation, and she has made me one VERY proud mama.

I love you Alia.

2 comments:

redSeptember said...

Thanks ma :)

Wish you were here too....

Love you too!

Unknown said...

Congrats to Momsie and daughter!