Saturday, February 28, 2009

Meeting of the Souls

It was strange we finally meet again, even if it was only in my dream. Yes, I came to see you neither in your house nor in the hospital, but I came to see you one breezy afternoon, in a kampong house, you were resting at the verandah all alone.

You were looking so dark from the chemo and radiotherapy, thin and your forlorn eyes were so sunken, but you were still you. I gave you my hand in greeting and attempted to kiss you; however, you refused and moved to the edge of the verandah, and curled yourself up like a little lost boy.

I looked you deep in your eyes and asked why. You told me that, it was because I don’t love you and I don’t care, but I refuted your claim. I told you that I love you so dearly and that I care, and I have been calling home nearly every day to check on your situation, having said that I gave you a kiss on your head.

You told me that that was not what they told you, you told me that for so long I have been their target for gossip mongering. I reciprocate by saying, it’s alright, let them be, I am fine and the Lord is watching, I can’t help it but the tears start rolling fast.

When I attempted to move away, with your thin arms you hold and hug me close, and tell me that you were sorry.

It was only a dream where I feel you hugging me, but it is enough, I know somewhere in the universe our souls meet.

You be well ok……………………………………………….

No comments: