Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Super Mario

Dragon left me with no choice but to be smart and look for an alternative, this time around I did not call the polis or the gas emergency department nor the 24 hours plumber service. I decided to call the agent who helped us find this place, as usual she was helpful and within minutes, I was in contact with a handyman.

The handyman’s name was Mario, he does not speak a single word of English, so our conversation was like a chicken and a duck; however what little knowledge that I had acquired on his language helps. Since he was not free to come to the house today, we agreed that he will come at 1700 hours the next day. About 10 minutes after I closed the line with Mario, my phone rang again, this time it was Mario’s girlfriend. She has some understanding of English and was reiterating Mario’s earlier conversation with me, just to make things clear. That was sweet, I thought.

Mario came an hour later then the appointed time, but his girlfriend had called to preempt me on this. They arrived at 1800 hours, a big burly built Mario and a pretty sexy girlfriend on his arm, as his interpreter. What a sight?

Mario informed me that the damage to the leaking boiler pipe was nasty; he also said that it was mean of the last owner not to inform us of this problem.

He was struggling trying to unscrew the pipe, and almost gave up, informing me that he will come back with more equipment the next day, however, I must have looked so pathetic to him, that he gave the unscrewing another go, and finally got the pipe out. He showed me the damaged part, and decided that he will take it back with him, and return tomorrow to have it fixed.

From this moment (1930 hours) till Mario’s return, my little angel and I will have no hot water and no heater in the house in the middle of winter. Boo hooo………….. nothing can be worst.

No comments: