Sunday, February 8, 2009

Beef Keema and Roti Canai

Hubby is leaving again, and each time we think it will get easier, it seems to get tougher. I choose not to pack for him till the very last minute, so today we decided to do what we do best and enjoy most…………… snuggling. We only got up when our tummy was crying for mercy.

I have told him earlier that I will make some food for him to take for the trip, at least for the first night, as he will be arriving late there, and I don’t think it is advisable to go out in search of food, or to order room service. He agreed.

So, lazily I crawled out of bed and prepare the ingredients for Beef Keema, making sure that I cook extra for us to eat with Roti Canai, for lunch. Beef Keema is fairly easy to prepare and it is a sumptuous dish, which does not take too long to cook, and of course I think of my Chef Diva immediately.

Here is my version of Keema, I am sure you will enjoy this dish, and what is more interesting, you can actually potion it and put in the freezer till you need to eat. This way you will not have to stay in the kitchen like forever. Here you go:

Ingredients

Minced beef – 400 grams

1 big Bombay onion (chopped into tiny pieces), 3 cloves garlic and 1 inch ginger (to be pounded together)

½ teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, 1 teaspoon chili powder

2 tomatoes (diced), 3 potatoes (diced)

2 tablespoon cooking oil, 2 cups water and salt to taste

Method

Heat the oil, sauté the chopped onion till soft, add the pounded garlic and ginger, sauté for another 5 minutes, then add the minced beef, fry till beef changes color. Add all the spices, diced tomatoes and potatoes, add 2 cups of water, salt to taste and cooked till potatoes are soft, and gravy thicken.

Nice to eat with bread, Roti Canai and rice.

Happy trying love…………………….

No comments: