Monday, February 2, 2009

A New Beginning

She was still reading one of her favorite books when I told her to switch off the light and go to bed; obediently she did what she was told without even a single word of protest. After 30 minutes I could still feel that she was just tossing and turning on the sofa outside my room, and not sleeping yet.

Tomorrow will be a new day for her, a new venture, a new place and a new world. I could only wish her all the best as I say a little prayer for her to have the best of her school life. All the time prior to her first day at school, she was all bubbly and excited about the experience she will be encountering, however, yesterday evening as we were chatting in my little kitchen; she was having all butterflies in her tummy and was jittery.

This little angel of mine is normally very confident of herself when she is left alone to fan for herself, but now she is a picture of a lost kitten, I was feeling for her. The questions that she started pouring out to me indicated that she is losing the excitement of a new beginning.

When the alarm rang, it did not take much for me to wake her up. She went straight to the shower and was very silent. The night before, she had requested that I pack egg sandwich for her, sensing that she need her alone time, I went to prepare the sandwich, while in my heart I was saying some prayers and hoping that her first day at school will be a memorable one.

My little angel has a new beginning

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amal starting school ke...?

Happy first day Amal.

Always be yourself!