Saturday, February 14, 2009

Big C Comes Marching In

The SMS on my mobile read urgent call me back, I looked at the message detail, it has been in my inbox for more than an hour. What can be so urgent that I did not notice the message, nevertheless staying in focus I called to know what was the matter.

The news was devastating, it was confusing me for a moment or was I in denial in accepting the reality of the situation. I don’t believe what I was hearing, but at the same time I know I was on solid ground. Being a volunteer with the cancer survivor, I thought it would have prepared me for such news, boy was I wrong? I was weakened by the news, one of our own has been stricken by the Big C.

Once I put the phone now, I could feel the lump of tears in my throat as it was welling up, I pinched myself to stop, just stop and be focused. Hubby not being here makes the situation a lot heavier for me. The first number that I called was Chef Diva, hearing her cheery voice calmed me down, I told her the news, and asked her to give me a couple more contact numbers.

Next I called my medic princesses but her mobile was busy, then I called my one and only, he was cooking as I break the news to him. After that all calls were long distance, and it does not help me to hold back tears, as they were crying while chatting with me. Surprisingly the tears make me feel a lot better.

I managed to break the news to hubby at last; he always has a way to pacify my emotion. Thank you love.

I am to expect more news by Monday, and I will also be advised whether to return or not, till then I am thankful to the Lord, He has reasons for everything. My prayers are with you.

No comments: