Friday, February 20, 2009

Chemo Neuropathy

As I was braving the heavy snow, I can’t help wondering if you have ever had the opportunity to experience walking in the snow, how difficult it can be to walk on the thick snow, trying to ditch the slippery ice and also how your lungs react to heavily breathing in the cold wind, it is really therapeutic.

Not a day or may be a moment has gone by without you on my mind, there is so much that I wish to tell you about your situation, though I know I may not play any role at all, but nevertheless I want you to know that every day I am talking to you in my mind, literally, and I somehow wish you could feel that.

Today I want to let you know about neuropathy, I hope the doctors or the nurses might have preempted you on this information, because the situation will now be a part of your daily life.

Neuropathy is a side effect of the chemotherapy. This is a tingling feeling in both the feet and hands, the tingling may not be a pleasant feeling, to some it can be super annoying too. Don’t worry everyone undergoing chemo will experience this, so you will not be the odd one out ok, and just know that nothing can make it stop or go away, except stopping the chemo.

Many Big C clients really don’t mind the chemo, but it is the neuropathies that irritate and annoy them the most as it might be an obstacle to your daily lifestyle, like driving, typing, grooming or doing simple chores of buttoning your shirt, but I know you will get by as you are a very strong willed person.

God bless.........................

No comments: