Thursday, February 5, 2009

Innocent Confusion

Every day I will anxiously wait for her phone call, as this will mean that she is out of school and about to board the train home. Half an hour on I will excitedly wait for her to sound the buzzer, so that I will open the main door to the building, and finally she will be in my arms and kissing me. This is our daily ritual now.

Once she finishes her afternoon shower, she will come and snuggle comfortably on my bed, so excited to fill me up with the happenings of the day at school. This is the moment that I treasure so much, because only during this precious moment that I could advise her ever so gently. This little angel of mine is super sensitive, so I have to tread with her carefully.

The conversation this afternoon:

LA: Mama today another group of friends invited me to join them for lunch

Mama: That’s good; at least you will make more friends

LA: The girls today are more interesting, we get to know each other better, but I still find it difficult to remember their names

Mama: It’s ok, just take your time

LA: Mama, you know there is this one girl and I find her quite funny

Mama: Why so?

LA: Because since Monday, she has been looking at me and giving me this one kind of a smile, and when we were at lunch, she was giving extra attention to me by putting the lunch tray for me, and clearing the rubbish from the table

Mama: That’s nice; she must be trying to make you feel very comfortable

LA: Mama, but I am not comfortable, she offer even to wait for me after school when I have to go to the Secondary office, and she touched me when we are talking

Mama: Well, most girls touch the shoulders of each other when they are walking and talking together, and I think she is being nice to you, don’t you think that is sweet

LA: Mama, I think…………….. you know, she is……….. you say the word la ma

Mama: You think she is lesbian?

LA: Yes, and I am scared la ma

Mama: Don’t be like that, give her time and see if she goes beyond what you think is right, then you go to your homeroom teacher immediately, but I don’t think so, and don’t worry ok

Of course she agreed to my advise, and silence followed, meaning the tiny head of hers is still thinking.

I hope this is only an innocent confusion.

1 comment:

redSeptember said...

ntah ntah dia macam edward cullen masa bella baru masuk sekolah kat forks kott?

jeng jeng jeng ....