Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Game of Russian Roulette

Walking in the heavy snow is such a difficult task; I would have just dumped the whole idea of going out, if not because my little angel has to go for her medical check-up. Somehow today, I have a new feeling towards the cold dampness of winter; it was as though it is the therapy that I needed.

Prior to this, I was updated of your situation, it give me new hope that you will come out of this grime period faster than anyone would anticipate. I normally would think that the doctors are trying to poison the patient, but with a twist of good intentions through chemotherapy. This is a mean process of killing the cancer while at the same time the body is being poison, not literally killing the patient. You are on this process now and I can understand if your spirit and moral are at their lowest. It is ok, but do not go down too deep, else you will find it very difficult to climb up.

It is even normal for you to be asking and questioning after every prognosis, what will be happening next? You have the right to know at what stage the cancer has gone, how far into the system it has tunneled through, and will your poisoned body be further invaded. I want you to also know that Chemo will destroy your body to a certain extent, in order to save it. So go on just ask anything and everything that comes to your mind, do not hold back from asking, the doctors are there to assist and to make it easier for you. Please do not even stop asking ok. Like a lot of cancer patients, you may never have any initial symptoms, so don’t compare notes.

You have to understand that your life has changed from the first moment of truth, you have to adjust fast to the new you, you have no time to look back, no time to stumble, crawl or walk, you have to keep on running and running till the end of the race.

Cancer has taken over your life to a very large degree. The hospital will become your regular visiting place. Just don’t be afraid of the regularity or the impending unknown, keep going ok and never quit.

I may not be as convincing as your other siblings, but I don’t care, all I want you to know is that I love you and you ain’t alone in this game of Russian roulette.

No comments: