Sunday, July 27, 2008

Till We Meet Again

The sun decided to come out today, after 3 days of non stop raining and temperature drop. We started our day like normal as when hubby was going to work, only this time around, we both are heading for the airport.

When we arrived at the CAT station, we had apparently missed the first train, so we had to wait for the second one; more travelers began to crowd the train station. Hubby was busy chewing on his favorite Der Maan bread or rather Anker this morning. I had my cheese stick bread, but was really not in the mood to eat, and started complaining that the bread was not fresh, while in actuality I was full of anxiety, and I don’t want to be late.

The much awaited train finally arrived, and it took less then 20 minutes to arrive at the airport, everything was fine again for me. Went straight to the check-in counter, as usual I was over weight but no questions asked, alhamdulillah. However I showed the bad side of me when the seat number I had booked approximately 3 months back has been switched. I gave them some lashing, poor people, but well! I am just fighting for my rights.

Once this was done, we decided to go to our coffee place there; I had the very creamy hot chocolate, while hubby ordered his wedges that come with a set of 3 dips. Everything seemed so nice, however tasted not so nice today. This is just because both our hearts are doing the talking and the contemplation in the painful dreaded moment of goodbye. I had told hubby that we are over this, no tears, just loads of hugs and kisses.

Hubby accompanied me to the WC, then we both walked in silence, as there was nothing more to say. Walking to the departure gate was like too fast, I wished the time could just stop, I wished hubby could come into the lounge together, I wished we would still be holding hands on the plane, a million wishes, a million desires, a million prayers, but the moment of truth arrived at last.

We held tight, we pledged our love a zillion times, I held his face in my hands, looked into his teary eyes, kissed him, then I had to let him go. We waved to each other, we kept on blowing kisses, but I could not go, it was too tough, on an impulse I went out of the gate again, held him and kissed him one last time, and turned back to leave quickly.

I pray that Allah keep him safe and healthy and happy till I see him again.

We are strong, InsyaAllah

No comments: