Monday, July 28, 2008

Malaysia Boleh

After more than five hours of flight and 2.5 hours of transit, I was boarding the plane again for an onward flight that will take more than 7 hours. Transiting through 3 time zones is taxing on me; all I could think of was to immediately sleep once in my seat. However, this was not possible as I had a fellow country man seated next to me. He was chatting me up, and I was like ok, shut up already, but keep telling myself to be polite.

I suggested that the movie selection on this flight is good, and once he turned on his TV screen, I plugged in my earphone, and started watching movies. The first movie was titled `Definitely, May be’, it was a very nice drama, which took more than 1.5 hours. It is weird how I was still not asleep, decided to go for a second movie titled `Married Life’, it was also a nice movie, so I watched till the end, while eating dinner. Dinner was superb. Everything went so smooth on this flight, Alhamdulillah.

After like 4 hours of flying I was still not sleepy, so I had the third movie on, titled `Over my dead boy,’, it was a fun aka comedy kind of movie, and at last I fell asleep. I didn’t think I slept long enough when I was awoken by the snoring of my neighbor. Arrrrr why do they have to snore, I turned, turned some more, just doing anything so that I could disturb him, and make him wake up. Nothing worked, I gave up, plugged in the ear phones again, but still I could hear him snore.

He finally woke up when breakfast was about to be served, this time, I looked at him, and sarcastically asked, whether he had a good sleep, and I continued further by asking him, where is he working, he told me that he is attached with Petronas, and was on a mission to Darfur, Sudan. Ok, so this is how Petronas people looked like, his English was so bad, and his dressing was ……… emmm.

Before long, the PA announcement was made that we are cruising to decent, and the flight crew will be coming round to collect all the blankets. I noticed that he did not turn in his blanket, but said nothing.

Finally, we touched down safely, and everybody stood up to take their hand luggage, to my horror, I saw the Petronas man tucking into his bag the flight blanket as well as the pillow, I looked at him, and looked some more. Honestly, I don’t believe this, but alas welcome home, this is the product of home. You hope they will change, even when they are attached to one hell of a mega company, no, they don’t.

Malaysia boleh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, this is interesting.. attached to petronas means a lot of things - either working for the vendors of petronas or he is petronas staff himself.

i'd be appalled if he is a staff.

sungguhlah boleh malaysians ni...

duckwin said...

I hope he was just faking the Petronas thingy, sebab sungguh memalukan.