Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tandoori and Fattoush

For so long now I have been wanting to try my hand at cooking Tandoori chicken. The one that we normally get from the restaurant are so hard and very dehydrated, so I have stopped buying those Tandoori, though once in a while I miss eating that.

Today, I cooked my own Tandoori, just the way I like it, with the right amount of spices, yoghurt and lemon. I decided to marinate the chicken for an extra 2 hours, as compared to the recipe. Baked it 30 minutes longer, and walla...................... yummy.

To accompany the Tandoori today is a simple Lebanese salad Fattoush.

This is a very simple salad, and it is necessary to chill all the veges for the salad before serving. We need sumac for fattoush, however, if it is not available, always improvised with lemon.

The dressing is easy to do, simply add garlic, sumac or lemon, salt and extra virgin oil. Another must for the fattoush is rosted or fried Lebanese bread, which is to be broken into small pieces and add to the salad.

No comments: