Tuesday, July 22, 2008

1440 Minutes

It has been raining since last Sunday, and the temperature had gone down again, while the heater is automatically on, it does not help but make you feel solemn. I love the rain, I love the sun, but too much of both can draw me down.

We had planned to go to the Garden on Sunday after the F1, but had to cancel that because it was really chilly, everyone is walking on the road, dressed as though it is the beginning of winter. Monday, I had to go out as I have a meeting, it was such a dreaded moment but somehow I made it. Along the way, I decided to surprise hubby by having lunch with him.

Last night I slept really early, circa 2030 hours, it was kind of sudden that I was so so sleepy, poor hubby was left alone to entertain himself. I think I slept in total nearly 10 hours, wow that must be an achievement. Today, again I had to go out for another meeting, we left the house together, it was so cold, but we had to do what we had to do.

A day at a time, this is how I live my life, non calculative and non intrusive. Every one of us has 1440 minutes in a day that seems to be like a lot. However, we often find ourselves running around, going in circles, like a chicken that had its head cut off, yet what do we achieve, do we accomplish the mission that we set out to do for the day, and how responsible are we for the 1440 minutes given to us?

Today, my girlfriend called me again, and still crying, 16 years by 1440 minutes of her days she had spent with someone she truly loves, someone that she built her heaven on, someone that she recon she could read like an open book, and yet this is the someone that shook the foundation of her trust, broke the only heart that she has, burnt her soul to ashes in a second, and shattered all her 16 years by 1440 minutes dream.

So when you suddenly fall into this trap, do you look back at your life, do you try to salvage the remaining of 16 years by 1440 minutes of your life? Do you get mad or do you get even? I guess it is time to start a list of things that you have done, have not done, the signs that you have seen, and the signs that you choose to ignore. Let’s make the list as a time user to put our assuming comfortable life back in motion. I know it is not going to be easy to undo 16 years by 1440 minutes of your life. But, a step at a time, maybe we can be a better person; maybe we can start putting our act together again.

People lie, all of us in fact, be it positive or negative lies, but the worst is when lying to ourselves. Finally you discover that your husband has been unfaithful all these 16 years by 1440 minutes, this is a really ugly prospect. The feeling of being betrayed by none other than yours truly is like being bashed on the head with a sledge hammer. You suddenly go through a tsunami of emotions, first it is anger, and then sadness will set in, followed by shame and dejection. It will not be wrong if you consider yourself going through a grieving process. Ok no one died yet, but the shattering of a home is worse, it is the loss of 16 years by 1440 minutes, it is the loss of a relationship that has instantly disintegrated before your eyes.

The sun decided to come out as I was writing this entry; I wish I could be there to hold her hands, to hug her and to share her tears. InsyaAllah soon we will see each other again, but for now I will hear your tears on the phone, and share your miseries from a distance.

Like the weather life is unpredictable, what you forecast and what you plan are not yours, always remember that there is a super power that is mapping our life. Stop the tears girlfriend, I know you can. 16 years by 1440 minutes had given you the priceless experience of tomorrow.

You can count on me.

No comments: