Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Tears will not Return

How often do you sit and ponder at the reflection of your life, how often do you wonder why you are here today and gone tomorrow, how often do you say thank you God for all what I am and how often do you cry?

Today, I cried.

Was I sad, did someone hurt me bad or am I missing on time? No, I cried not because I am sad, hurt or likewise, I cried because of late I notice that she has been arrogant and rude. I brought her up with so much love, praying each day that she be the perfect person in her life, be respectful and mindful of her tongue, and I can’t help but question what has gone wrong? She has been my strength and my confidante all these times. I shared a lot of my sorrow, joy and tears with her.

When I was living in Dubai, I was given a book title `Don’t be Sad’ by the fourth wife of my employer. She is an American who converted to Islam to be in marriage. We spent times talking and listening to each other, though her husband, a filthy Arab businessman farts money every second of his life, I guess being a fourth wife before the fifth comes along was never easy.

Don't Be Sad was written by Aaidh ibn Abdullah al-Qarni, in her book she mentioned that we will always have to face criticism, which when we look at it can be like an interminable war, for criticism shows no sign of ending. People will not stop censuring you or finding fault in your character, therefore be prepared to be hurt and to be criticized. I accept this from her today; she was blunt, none caring and showed no respect towards me. I am not fretting about it, I just love her whatever.

I guess she is angry with me for suddenly bestowing her with too much responsibility; therefore I attributed her anger towards me as me intruding on her rights of living her life with no responsibility. It is my mistake, in her eyes I am wrong, and so be it. I forgive her, and this is the only way I know not to be distressed. `Perish in your rage '. (Qur 'an 3: 119)

I consider what she did was a part of my past, there is no point living your past, it should be considered as finished. The past to me is nonexistent, the tears that I shed from this episode will not return to my eyes.

3 comments:

Shadi said...

each person has a set of strings, pulling them in a certain sequence triggers anger.

Anger is a basic emotion, when active, causes a person to say/do things he might regret later.

String puller:
please pull the other person's strings in the correct way

Person whose strings are being pulled:
please work hard to make sequences that break you less and less

Both tasks are tough, two people doing them makes it easier.

Shadi said...

I love you, no matter what

Amira said...

Ma, I had no idea whatever I said to you had broke your heart. I don't even remember what we talked about. But pls forgive me, there are quite a number of things that do make me angry


It makes me angry

- when you tell me to do urgent things at the very last minute when i am not as free as you think i am

- the fact that i am not allowed to go to the gym for the whole week (i know this is truly my own fault)

- when you worry too much and react irrationally just because you're there

- to work with things that require computer expertise in which i severely lack of

- when you are excitedly trying to talk to me on the phone when the line is so bad i can't even make out a word you're trying to say (believe me, its not that i don't WANT to talk to you. its just impossible)

Don't ever think that i don't want to talk to you online or on the phone but you should know me very well, i don't chat much not even with my friends. If it makes you happy pls know that i think of you, you're always in my thoughts, i can't wait for you and Shadi to return. I miss your roars of laughter, the house has been so quiet. I love you ma :)

and again i'm sorry

Ps: I'm also having PMS, ask Amal. Lately, every little thing seems to tick me off very easily