Monday, July 21, 2008

Kick Scooter

We were toying with the idea of getting a scooter each for our leisure time, I kind of like it a lot. Here everyone seems to be very in tune with the scooter, children, adults, parents and even working people. So, last Saturday we went to the sports shop to have a look, and also to try if we are gonna like it.

Hubby was a bit skeptical at first, as he has never tried to ride one before, I was trying and liking it a lot, and I was sweating too, therefore, I conclude that it is a good exercise as well. We kept on trying one after the other, and the one that we really like was kind of expensive, if we were to purchase 2 pieces.

Then, I remembered that the store had sent us an email before, informing us of a discount, so I decided to be smart and ask (if you don’t ask you will not get it, and if you ask the probability of not getting it is still high, however, you make an effort right)? Anyways, to my surprise the shop assistant confirmed that there was a discount, and it was selling for like 40 Euros cheaper, but that offer was over. Not one to give up, I tried to sweet talk him to let us purchase at the discounted price, and then he said, oh don’t worry next week it is on again. Happiness, so next week then hubby will buy.

Hubby insists that we buy one first so that I can use it back home, I was like, are you nuts? Not in a million years am I going to ride this scooter there, and create `fitnah’, why should I? I always believe that you do not wear, use or behave in a way that can create `fitnah’ as this is sinful. However, sometime it is difficult, people like to talk, and gossiping is a norm, though it can be damaging. Therefore, I will always try my best not to be in such situation. InsyaAllah.

I know he only has my interest in mind, but I will not ride the scooter there.

2 comments:

redSeptember said...

naik scooter pun jadi fitnah? kenapa la pulak?

Amira said...

OMG!!! get me one, i can ride to gym :D save petrol! *howls like a wolf*