Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Je ne Regrette Rien



Every time before I depart I would normally get some DVDs for us to watch while we are together. My collection consists mostly of cartoon animation and some stories that never see the lights of our cinema. Can’t remember how many in total I bought this time round, but it was a good collection of more than 15 or 20 DVDs.

Most of the stories were very good except for 2 or 3 that were so lame and most of all horrible. A stranger that I met at the DVD shop recommended one hell of a stupid story titled `Looking for Cheyenne’. Not only was it in French but the sub-title was `home made……… boleh!!!!’, so in the end, none of us understands what the story was all about.

However, among the DVDs was another French movie …………. Well, hubby…… hemm ok speaks and writes French (but progressively getting better), and I thought I will be doing him a favor by bringing some French movies home. Mind you he is currently writing love letters to me in French too!!! (mabuk ke apa?). Anyways, the title of the movie is `La Vie En Rose’ meaning the Life of Rose (literally), it is such a beautiful movie on the short life of the French singer Edith Piaf. You need to see the movie to enjoy it ok.

What I wanted to share here is to never lose hope in your life, never give up till the very end, and never ever think that the sky is a different color than blue. A borrowed line from `The Zahir’ and in the word of a Persian sage: Love is a disease no one wants to get rid of. Those who catch it never try to get better, and those who suffer do not wish to be cured. Edith was dead the moment her lover perished in a plane crash. So powerful is this thing called LOVE.

Listen to this song that has so much meaning packed into it, and to my kids and hubby, my life begins with you!!!!!.

The English translation of `JE NE REGRETTE RIEN’

No, nothing at all
I do not regret anything at all (x2)
Either the good that has been done to me
or the evil
everything is equal to me
no, nothing at all, no...
Everything is paid; swept away, forgotten
I don't care about the past!
With my memories I lit the fire
My pains, my pleasures,
I don't need them anymore
My love stories are swept away
with their trembling swept away forever
I'm starting on new bases
no, nothing at all …..
Because my life, my happiness, today everything begins with you!"

No comments: