Monday, January 30, 2012

Pre And Post Operation

Monday morning, I arrived at the hospital before 8am, the operation was first scheduled at 8am, then it was delayed to 9am, and finally at 1130am.  Since I was not sleeping good the night before, what better then to jump into bed with hubby and cuddle up.  The few hours was precious to us.
Much needed sleep for me
The stocking that I thought was so funny
 Note the hospital coat was put back to front (ha ha ha), my bad
 The anesthetist and HNO Surgeon, hubby on the bed.  Here the doctors take you from the ward and not any porter or nurses (weird) 
 Reciting the Yaasin, to overcome my vulnerability and the tears while waiting for news from the OR
 After 4 hours, and semi-alert back in the room
 Close-up, hubby has to breath only from his mouth and it was annoying him
Note the small cut on his right nose hole tip, that was left like that and not stitch up.  I hope this was not an oversight  
Approximately four hours after the operation, the bleeding was too much, so they created this contraption to soak up the blood.  Obviously you can see that he is miserable.
Feeding him some home cooked rice porridge

1 comment:

mummy-who-cooks said...

Ma... why did I cry reading/watching this...?

I wish I am there, at least cook for both of you..while you take care of Shadi @ hospital.