Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Life Has Changed

I despise the arrogance, shown to me by some members of the clinic that I frequented (remember here we do not go to the hospital directly, we have to be referred by our own doctor first). Almost all the clinics here employ female counter clerks.

When I come into the clinic with my emotions shown, they will not even ask or offer some comforting words. They are stone cold, they don’t even smile, they are just robotic, they are not even human to me.

If I try to make some kind of conversation, they will just look at me with a look that says “shut up and take a seat”. But if it was a male patient they will be engaging in talks and giggles, and the line can be held up for as long as they like it. Well, the counter clerks make me believe that they don’t believe my pain is excruciating, to hell with them. The pain is literally gnawing in me day after day, and night after night.

My life has changed since its intrusive presence.

1 comment:

mummy-who-cooks said...

Salam Ma...

Like that 'sign'..!

Anyway, check your FB please...

Hugs
N