Friday, January 6, 2012

Dinner Was....... And Sawdust Pudding

Dinner was:
Beef with potatoes in spicy coconut sauce and fresh chopped parsley (daging masak lemak cili padi)
Steam mixed vegetables
And desert was my own version of sawdust pudding.
Cooking the blueberry filling, I prefer to make my own filling as the commercial one is far too sweet and has lost the original taste of the blueberry.  Cooking the filling takes time and patience of course.

 The vanilla pudding, I used low fat milk for this and only a table spoon of raw brown sugar.
“The sawdust” is a mixture of crushed oreo (minus the creamy sweet filling) and marie biscuits.
The layer of blueberry filling, vanilla pudding and top with the crushed sawdust, this desert will be a regular for us.  It is not so rich and not so sweet, as I totally discarded the use of any form of cream.

No comments: