Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Smoked Salmon and Beef Bacon Pasta

Today for Iftar I decided to cook Smoked Salmon and Beef Bacon Spiral Pasta. The preparation time is only 15 minutes and cooking time is approximately 10 minutes. Since it is fasting, I can only use my imagination where the taste is concerned. Like most of my cooking, I have no specific measurement for the ingredients, however the end result is always superb.

If you would like to try, just heat up about 3 tablespoons of Olive oil, sauté the onion and garlic till soft, add in the mushrooms. Once the mushrooms are soft add the cream, smoked salmon and thyme. Leave to boil for 3 minutes, add cheese, boiled spiral pasta and beef bacon (cut to bite pieces first).

Enjoy and do let me know if it is worth trying.

Chopped onion, Garlic and Thyme
Cream
Grated Cheese (Parmesan or mozarella)

Boiled Spiral Pasta

Swiss and Button Mushroom

Smoked Salmon

Fried Beef Bacon
The End Result (Yummy)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alternative:

1. Swap Parmesan/Mozarella for Colby and Monterey jack

2. Swap spiral pasta for fettuccine

3. Swap swiss and button muhroom for shitake

4. Swap fried beef bacon with pan fried/grilled chicken strips

Sorry I stood you up.