Friday, September 26, 2008

Pavlova

My little angel and me had to take our Iftar outside yesterday, since we have to be in time for our class. Not knowing what else to eat as I am not a fast food person, we decided on a corner nyonya restaurant.

The restaurant was empty except for the two of us. We had ordered fried pucuk paku, clay pot tofu and deep fried squid. The first served dish was the fried pucuk paku, then the clay pot tofu. We only had 20 minutes to do Iftar, without delay we started. I took the tofu and could smell the dead rotten smell of prawns, it was so disgusting. I told the owner I do not want that plate anymore and to change it to just an omelet.

We left with a surprisingly unbelievable bill, ahhh…… who cares, I don’t think the restaurant will last long anyways. Again I wonder where the health inspectors are.

My night was saved by my sweet Chef Diva. While I was on the internet with hubby; she was busy baking something in the kitchen. After a while, she came smiling with a beautiful piece of Pavlova. The fillings were cream and mango. It was pure heaven for me, but alas only one was served. Thank you darling.

I don’t know what exactly is in the recipe, but it is mostly egg white, cream and fresh mango.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you forgot one important secret ingredient mamita! love, love, love and oh lets not forget more LUV!!! :D