Sunday, September 21, 2008

Respect No More

Last Friday, I accompanied a friend for an appointment at Center Point. Since the doctor was with a patient, we had to wait for 30 minutes. My friend who is not a Muslim decided to go for lunch while waiting.

We were seated at one of the restaurants on the ground floor, she ordered and we chatted. Somehow I noticed this Malay lady sitting opposite our table,she was busy with her laptop, mobile phone and also instructing her maid who was attending to her two kids. She was also smoking.

I know it is none of my business but what really has gone wrong everywhere, even if you do not want to fast, is it too much to ask for you to respect the Ramadhan month, and eat somewhere private? She took a couple of looks at me and once her food arrived, I choose to ignore.

People watch 1, what were they thinking?

No comments: