Monday, September 15, 2008

Mama Is A Nerd

My frustration of being stood up on Saturday overflowed till Sunday. I keep on wondering what more I can do to change the attitude of my only son, worrying about him all the time and wanting the best for him. I was so happy when he finally told me that he wanted to continue with his studies.

The enquiries that I had made at the college indicated that he could proceed with his masters program for the duration of 18 months, so he had made an appointment with me to accompany him to the college on Saturday. Saturday came, the appointed time came and was gone, after waiting for almost half of the day, I sent a text message to him. His response does not surprise me any more, but brought warm tears to my eyes.

Anyways, when I woke up on Sunday I decided not to do anything, my little angel was still fast asleep (at 12 noon mind you) and my Chef Diva is busy in front of her computer, so what do I do? CNN does not amuse me much nowadays, the constant reporting on hurricane Ike is boring, after some contemplation I decided to take my books and study, yes I am studying again, just doing an extra language.

I took my bag to the hall, and sat at the little wooden table, I was barely 20 minutes into doing my work, and reading through the exercise, when suddenly Chef Diva came laughing at me saying `mama is a nerd, mama is a nerd’. She just continues on laughing at me despite whatever reason I could come out with. Well, that’s just me, I have to be the best student in class, so I am being classified as a nerd (he he he whatever).

She pulled out a chair and sat next to me, and listed out the 101 criteria of a nerd. Bo hoo she forgot that at this age my memory capacity may not be as good as hers; therefore I have to put extra effort to be none other than JUST THE BEST!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Shadi said...

so cute, good work my Love. You are and will always be the best.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about Saturday. :(