Saturday, September 13, 2008

Halal Certification

I had taken an overnight trip to Singapore recently, we left KL at around 0630 hours, the drive there was smooth and hassle free. We only made 2 stops, once for breakfast and then to take a breather. It was a trip worth taking.

My friend who had just bought a landed property which cost Sin Dollars 2.2 million played host to our stay they, we had so much fun just talking and sharing women stories. Her house is breath taking, it is so cozy and her welcome is always extended.

It is amazing how peaceful being in Singapore make me feel, I can’t help but wonder how different my life would have been should my parents not tailor made my decisions then. For so long in my life, I wanted to go back to Singapore, I want to gain my original citizenship again; and this desire has never stopped.

We went to VIVO City for late lunch; it is amazing to note how meticulous the authorities were where Halal signage and certification in the food court is concerned. Singapore is not a Muslim country as compared to us; however they take great steps in making sure that when Halal food is being served; it is 100% Halal.

I noticed that each stall was given 3 certificates in recognizing that they are serving Halal food, not only the food is Halal, but the utensils used, the premises, the cutleries and the people working are all meeting to the Halal requirement. How come we are not able to do this? How come the Halal signage here is free for all? Honestly, I am beginning to be so picky and paranoid of everything here. You can’t help but notice that in some restaurants the Halal signages were just a photocopy, there were other times that the signage will be placed in a hidden place, and not visible at all, why is that so?

I cannot imagine my grandchildren to be brought up in this country, it is sad, what else is there to look forward to, when simple things as a Halal signage can be manipulated. Would I be wrong in saying that everything is taken for granted here by the authority, and made worse by the infestation of illegal immigrants?

God safe this country!!!!!

No comments: