Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stupid Internet Provider

Woke up this morning and saw two messages on my mobile, both from my eldest girl, first message informing me that the MAXIS bill has arrived and the second message telling me that she has gone out with a friend, my youngest girl is alone in the house, and the internet was still down.

The second message upsets me, I know my second girl is in college and won’t be back till after 1300 hours, and the little girl has got no credit on her mobile and there is no internet, so in case of emergency what will happen?

My mind was racing on a 100 meter mode; I don’t want to show hubby that I was upset, so while he was in the shower, I sent a message to the internet provider informing them of the problem. Replied to my eldest girl messages, and prepared hubby’s clothing for work. The morning mood all gone and I only give hubby cornflakes for breakfast.

After he left, I decided to call the internet provider, but as usual only phone message, first message left. I called my little girl to check if all is right with her, and to remind her not to open the door to anyone, or answer the intercom, and also to check if she has taken any meal at all?
Waited again for like 20 minutes and made a second call to the internet provider, still no reply, phone message, second message left, and followed up with a text message. 30 minutes down the line, call again, same ritual, now I have gone mad. Call my little girl and do a remote check with her, all seems to be alright, so why still no internet connection! Now, on to my bitchy swing and nasty mood, I hence sent another text message, which of course include the `F’ word, huh…….. you know what, these people only understand the `F’ word and surprisingly they call me back immediately.

After all the bullshitting, and several more calls (this is gonna cost me a lot because I am on roaming), they admitted that their equipment broke down, and since it is old, they could not get a replacement. What? Do you think this is my problem? Hello…… I pay you more then what stupid telecom charges (with the impression that they are worse then you) and now you come out with this bullshit. I asked them, so how now? Response: You have to get a new modem and we will have to charge you at 100RM. Of course, money does not come easy and I am not one stupid customer, I gave her all the `F’ language again and told them to have this matter fixed ASAP.

The company could not confirm to have the matter fixed by this evening, so I gave them a time frame of 1000 hours tomorrow, and no further negotiation. Not satisfied with all the menacing that I have done, I decided to call hubby at work, and told him to call these people. I could not have barged into him at a better time, as he had a meeting to attend. Well, I told him, I don’t care; whatever it takes I want you to call them. An afterthought told me that I AM BAD!!!!!!! He called of course. Thank you love :)

Feeling guilty for being so demanding, I decided to surprise him by joining him for lunch. By the time I made my way to his office, hubby was in his French class. When he called, I told him that I’m on my way to him; I know it makes his day, and I know my silent apology is accepted.

No comments: