Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dream Catcher






Woke up late today, didn’t even hear the alarm ringing. When I opened my eyes, hubby was sitting next to me, showered and shaved. I quickly jumped out of bed, thinking that I must have been late. Took out his working clothes, went to the kitchen and start preparing his breakfast.

But, all the time, in my head the song that kept me from waking up today kept singing. I was trying to patch up all the wording together and I could still hear the voice that was serenading the song to me in my dream. Weird, how calm and peaceful it was.

I told hubby I wish I can remember who was singing that song to me, because it was such a beautiful voice, he looked at me and said; I know how much you are missing the kids. You know, it is really frustrating, as I am doing this entry, because I am still trying so hard to remember my dream, I wish I had bought a dream catcher and put it at the window, like what Alia believes in. Alas, I guess, all good things must come to an end, so did my dream. God willing may be tonight the voice will come and serenade me again.

However, I am putting the song here to share it with you, and I hope you will like it too. Just imagine someone caressing your head in your sleep and singing this so softly to you. Go on and imagine it doesn’t hurt.

Mengapa Di Rindu (Saloma)

Anak punai anak merbah
Terbang turun buat sarang
Anak sungai pun berubah
Ini pula hati orang
Mengapa dikenang

Asal kapas jadi benang
Dari benang dibuat baju
Barang lepas jangan kenang
Sudah jadi orang baru
Mengapa dirindu

Kasih yang dulu tinggal dalam mimpi
Kasih yang baru simpan di hati
Kasih yang dulu tinggal dalam mimpi
Kasih yang baru simpan di hati

Selat teduh lautan tenang
Banyak labuh perahu Aceh
Jangan kesal jangan kenang
Walau hati rasa pedih
Mengapa bersedih

Kalau pinang masih muda
Rasanya kelat sudahlah pasti
Kalau hilang kasih lama
Cari lain untuk ganti
Mengapa dinanti

Patah 'kan tumbuh hilang berganti
Akan sembuh kalau diubati
Patah 'kan tumbuh hilang berganti
Akan sembuh kalau diubati

Sayang mengapa dirindu

No comments: