Saturday, June 21, 2008

Friday, 20.06.2008


It is Friday today, and Friday is always happy day for us because this means that hubby will be home for the next 2 days, Saturday and Sunday. However, today we have so many things to do. Hubby went to work as usual and he has a scheduled meeting at 1000 hours, and I was begging him to try and take half day off.

He called me at 1200 hours that he is able to take the half day off, happiness for me of course. I left the house to meet him because I need to go to the Infirmary as my eyes have been bothering me too much. Due to the weather change both eyes have been very itchy and tearing all the time. This is due to the fact that I am allergic to the airborne pollen.

We also have an appointment to meet a real estate agent to view a property at 1300 hours; we were squeezing for time, as we never like to be tardy for appointments. Decided that we will go view the property first and then to the infirmary. The agent and the owner was very pleasant and welcoming, we like the property but it is kind of small, so we will have to do a lot of thinking first.

After the infirmary, hubby was hungry but he does not want to go around with his working attire, so he went home to change while I mingle in the shops nearby the house. Lunch was horrible for me because we thought that the restaurant was Japanese by virtue of the name `Yumiro’ but it turned out to be some kind of a combination between Mediterranean and Asian, hubby enjoyed his though.

Once done with lunch we have to go to the University, and we went to the Tram station just to discover that they have decided to close all the roads leading to the Parliament house, the University and all the surrounding areas there, which has been converted to a Fan Zone for the EURO 2008. Well, what luck but we are not turning back, so decided to walk there. Believe me, we actually walked there. Along the way, we were body checked as we have to enter the Fan Zone, people were very nice and everyone was enjoying the sun and the music. To not feel the weight on our feet so much, we danced in front of the live band, we joked, we laughed, we made stupid remarks of each other, we just had total fun and we reached the University at last. Guess what?? *sigh* the student board was already closed. Hubby looked at me at said `nasib’, so we will have to come on Monday, InsyaAllah.

We hanged around the University for a bit more, then well, of course, we have to walk the distance back, as no transportation is allowed at all on the Fan Zone closure. Body checked a second time upon entering; however we realized that the distance seemed shorter. The countdown to the match is approximately 3hrs 50 minutes, hemm…… too long a time to waste just like that.

We decided to walk to the market to get some minced halal meat and also to go to the Asian store, as hubby wanted to eat `sago gula melaka’. We found the Asian shops, in fact we went to three of them but no `gula melaka’, so I decided to compromise and bought palm sugar instead. It works, you w when you are away from the destination of the known, make do always. So, Alhamdulillah.

When we arrived home, we calculated that we have actually walked a near total of 20km today. Before, I would pick a fight if I have to walk but after months of gym sessions back home, walking is a must. I miss walking and I feel that my body becomes very moody if I do not walk. Hubby had insisted that I sign up for a gym here, but what’s the point, I would rather go walking with him in the evening or whenever he’s not too tired to entertain me as my walking buddy.

He was drenched with sweat, his face was red, we could not hold hands any more as both our palms were so sweaty, my feet were bruised, our bodies were crying but we had fun, we know that nothing matters, and if we set our heart for something we have to get going. Weather the rough water and success will be sweeter. You are a darling honey; truly you are and thank you for sticking by me always for the sake of the kids.

1 comment:

redSeptember said...

how was the uni ma? does it look nice? thanks for taking the trouble to walk there. i hope we will get some info when you go there again on monday.

looked like you had tonnes of FUN!! that is really good to know. so both of us did loads of interesting stuffs this week huh? hehehe

btw, i watched kungfu panda semalam. you HAVE to watch it. so so so cute and funny. tapi sekejap aja... :~(