Monday, June 2, 2008

Show Off

People show off because they are so low in self esteem, because of their vanity, because they want attention and because they want to be accepted. I can’t help but do this entry as we encounter these weirdos much too often and who the hell do they think they are.

We came across this smooth talker who claimed that he has a very successful real estate business back in his home country, and that his business was booming crazy. So, why the hell are you here then? When I first met him, I didn’t like the looks of him, not only is he ugly, but there is something freaky about him. For someone who boasted as an acclaimed business person, he actually has the guts to borrow train ticket from hubby. I was like what, not only that, when he was on home vacation, he had his house for rental during that period. Can you imagine that? Show off.

There was this time I attended a wedding, out of nowhere the mother of the bride came and told me that the wedding dais cost 10,000RM, I was like, ok who’s asking and you think I will buy that crab? Come on give me a break.

People are funny; really sometime it is very hard to understand why they are behaving that way. I have sisters who actually go all the miles to get Royal Doulton, however this is kept in the showcase, not on the table. How sad, she will use the cheapest of tableware to eat on and keep the Royal Doulton for show off, to talk to others, yes; you bet it I too have that. Gosh, grow up already.

During a private dinner, a group of us were talking about political issues, then came this lady whose husband is a pilot and living in Dubai, obviously from her bling bling she was dressed to kill for that function, however, sadly no one was making comments, I guess out of shear frustration she just said: do you know I bought this silk material for 1000 Dollars, I looked at her and try to give her my most surprised face and tone, and said really 1000 Dollars only?. She was so stunned with my remark that she avoids me totally till today. Who cares? Obviously I don’t!

It gives me the impression that people who like to show off are insane or retarded, they are dying to let the world know what they have, especially material things. Along the way, they make themselves look so stupid and out of place. My sympathies are with them and honestly, I do not tolerate such people. So please go, get off my face, I’m bored of you already.

2 comments:

redSeptember said...

mama,mama eja 'crap'..crab xP..kakaklin yang nampak

ni Amal :)..guna kakaklin punya email.

duckwin said...

oh ok la tu, typo error kan, buat2 tak nampak la :)