Monday, June 9, 2008

Austria vs Croatia

We left the house at quarter to 5pm, to make it for the football match between Austria and Croatia. As anticipated the crowd was building up already, and people were already waiting at the entrance. We decided to join in the queue, so that we will have a good place once inside.

The normal pushing and tugging and more pushing as the door opened, but surprisingly no exchange of harsh words was heard, no hands taking advantage of bare legs (like what I experienced when I was watching football in my own country).

Once inside we were each given a white football friendship band by Cannon, it was nice. On the big screen they start playing the song, which I have never heard before but was a clear message of friendship in football. I remember one line very clearly it goes "let's do the hugs", and flashes of people giving hugs to one another, even the players on the field. I was trying to download the song, but could not get the title, so next time maybe :).

Austria lost to Croatia 1 - 0, it was a good game overall, in my opinion the penalty kick awarded to Croatia was a deserved one. However, I will not look at the Austrian team as an underdog or the weakest in its group (B), because they really played a good and interesting game, and they have a very good team too. They were attacking and made several attempts at the goal but I guess luck was not on their side. The game was played on time, with 15 minutes break and so it ended on time as well, with of course 3 minutes of injury time. We had a good time, and congratulations to Croatia, but Austria we were cheering for you, so Go Austria Go!!!!!!

No comments: