Friday, June 27, 2008

Neckties

From last night hubby was reminding that I have to give him official attire for office today, as he has a presentation to do. I gave him his dark green CK pants and a light green long sleeve shirt to go with it, he again told me I need an official pants please. Not one to be bullied, I looked at him and asked, what’s wrong with that pants, you are going to put on your jacket, so who will see? This shuts him up for a few minutes.

At breakfast, he looked at me and said, `honey, I feel like wearing the necktie’, I was like what? It’s only a presentation ok, and do not let situation dictate your comfort. I have been in HR too long and I am dressing him up today, and of course I will know if his attire is being too casual.

What’s with some people and neckties.

According to top Google lawyer Peter Fleischer neckties are Decorative camouflage for the business suit, designed to shield the middle-aged male physique, with its shrinking shoulders and protruding paunch, from feeling sufficiently self-conscious to hit the gym…. Wouldn’t you like to know whether your business partners are fit? Why should you trust a man in business if he abuses his own body?

I hate the connotation that represents necktie ok; well that may be too far fetched, but to me neckties are so yesterday. How can they symbolize anything other than looking smart? It is so over rated, heck, it is just something that you tie around your neck, and how can that make you any different from someone who is not wearing it. I said it is over rated because even bus drivers, the punk lovers, the care takers, the roadside salesmen are all wearing them neckties. And, here, at breakfast today hubby who normally does not like to wear one is requesting for it. My afterthought, is he allowing himself to be sucked into the system?

Some people concoct in their numb skull that neckties were a symbol of white collar status ……… hemm…….. not anymore. It is also said that if you had on a necktie, it goes to show that you had some sense of organization and some sense of dignity about yourself. Really? If you come close to some of these people with neckties, you can actually see that the edge of the tie is yellow from dirt, and they normally douse themselves with perfume to hide the bad BO.

To me cool people are those who do not try too hard to fit in with a sartorial aristocracy that they were not comfortable with. The cool people did their own thing and were comfortable just being them, in their own skin and clothes, even if it was a pair of T-shirt and jeans. The entire numb skull should understand that money is not a factor in good fashion because good fashion comes with good behavior and character. If you think a necktie decides respect, think again.

No comments: