Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Not Guilty

Saturday, we decided to go to Stephansplatz to just walk and enjoy the spring time. This area is always full of tourist, shows, street artists, demonstrators, you name it. Everything you can find here, and always on a Saturday, as Sunday, all the shops are closed except for restaurants.

We stopped at Tally Weiil and I got a belt and a recycle bag, then, we stopped at Nordsee to get some fish and chips. However, the place was getting more crowded as there was a peaceful demonstration by the Tibetan, Chinese, Palestinian and several others on Human Rights, so we decided to go somewhere else. In my support for the human rights movement, I bought the material that Palestinian men use on their heads.

We made a quick stop at the One shop, to top up my local number. Then off we went to the train onwards to Kagran. I like this mall, because it houses a huge New Yorker boutique as well as C&A. There are lots of sales as summer is coming soon, but nothing I fancied as much as one short black and white checkered skirt from New Yorker, oh, wait a minute I also bought one white paddle pusher and a white T. Ok, so I shop.

Then we went to Kika, this shop, sells a lot of Bohemian and cut crystal, as well as baby products. To my surprise, they have downsized and most of the items are on sales. And, you know, when suddenly you see too many things on sale, you just cannot figure out what you want, or maybe there was nothing that I wanted, we were just window shopping.

The shops all close at 1800 hours on Saturday, and I don’t want to be an impulsive shopper, decided to ear mark a couple of items that I might want to get later. However, I just don’t believe that the shop has downsized and I went round, then round again and again, like I was doing the tawaf. Unfortunately, on my last round, can’t even remember what I was engrossed in, when suddenly, pangggggg…….., the sound of a broken glass.

I looked at hubby quickly and asked what? He said you broke the vase, I said, no, he said yes, and I went on no!!!! However, this big vase was lying at my feet and the mouth is broken. I told him that I didn’t touch it, I was not even aware that the vase was there. He said, you didn’t touch it, but your bag knocked it down, and he decided it’s ok, we’ll pay.

But, that’s not fair, I didn’t touch it, and it is their fault, they downsized and piled things on top of each other, how can I be responsible for this? I picked up the vase and took the broken parts too, and waited, I feel like I am being frozen in time, waiting for at least the shop assistant to come and approach me. No one came, no one bothers, so I stand the vase again, and places the broken piece next to it, then I walked, and walked closer to the exit, stop and still look around, if anyone at all is to come and pouch on me. Left, right, front, back my head went, no one, walk some more, hubby could not stop laughing, the exit is super close now, I stopped and decided to watch this guy doing glass engraving. It was a good 5 minutes stop, no one, still no one, ok out to the exit we went.

I am not guilty until proven so.

2 comments:

redSeptember said...

of course you didn't touch it ma. but sth you carried touched it and because of that, it broke.

that is alreaedy considered your fault of being careless kan?

anyway, how much was that item? just out of curiosity...:P

duckwin said...

hemmm..... good question, never get round to see the price actually. Ala, I think it is alachin mali, otherwise, why on the floor right?