Thursday, May 8, 2008

Crocs to the rescue

My bags are packed, I’m ready to go, or so I thought, until the ever concerned gentle angel saw me dragging my luggage bag out of the room. She was like, `wow ma, are you sure you can carry this bag, it is super heavy? and I’m sure you are going to be overweight. At that point of time, I decided to weight the bag, but how? We only have weighing scale in the house and for sure we can’t weight the bag. Then, she did the smart thing. She took the weighing scale, weight herself (A), then came down, took the bag and went on the scale together again (B) ----- smart right? B-A = mama’s bag is overweight by approximately 10kgs. Instead of taking the chances, I decided to take out a couple of things from the bag, so as to be on the safe side.

Since the whole journey will take me more than 18 hours, I decided to put on an old pair of shoes, which I have kept in a box untouched for almost 2 years now, at the same time, I also had my crocs scutes packed in my hand luggage (for whatever reason, I don’t know). Off to the airport we went at 0100 hours, since abang was driving, we of course reached the airport early. Checking in was fast, my seat number has been booked prior, bag was slightly overweight, checked through to my final destination, with two boarding pass in my hand, I told the kids to go back, since abang has to work. Hugs and kisses, more hugs and kisses and pesanan, after pesanan, they left.

Passed the passport control, everything was fast as the airport was deserted, ahhh…. The airport is always deserted. Suddenly, I felt that the right side of my heal gave way, stop, look and for a second I could not believe what I saw, the whole rubber sole was gone. Nasib dah subuh, and tak de orang except for the immigration people, so dengan selambanya, I picked up the broken heal and confidently walked on. As soon as I arrived at the train, the other heal gave way too. I started laughing to myself, again, I picked up the other heal and now walked more comfortably. However, I noticed that wherever I walked, a trail of rubber pieces will be left. Lucky me, I have the croc scutes in my hand luggage, so I took off, the oh so old yet loyal shoe, say my goodbye and thanking it for serving me, and dumped it in the nearest bin.

I had to fold my jeans up to above my ankle, I believe, I must have been a sight, as the first flight takes 7hrs 45 minutes, then 2 hours transit, before boarding the plane again for another 6 hours flight. I was praying that my feet will not get too cold on the plane.

No comments: