Monday, May 19, 2008

Mourning


Today, I watch for the first time a nation in mourning. Horns of cars, trains and ships “wail in grief”, I can’t help but feel tears coming down my cheeks. Life is ever so short, we only realize this when disaster struck, we only realize this when the one we love is forever gone. And we will keep on realizing this when it is a minute too late.

The world is hungry for power, Bush has gone mad, Hillary has become a bigger liar, McCain has gone into deep conspiracy, and Obama is further misunderstood. While in the Middle East, leaders went nuts being the political toys. Yet, Ban is still indecisive; he is too much entangled in the red tape of hypocrisy to realize that the faces of death in Myanmar were human. I swear and I curse, many are like me, but are we helping? No, I don’t think so, swearing and cursing is not the way, neither the demonstration nor the human rights movement. The UN is just another joke, while the European Union is trying to come out a champion. So, where do we go from here?

I don’t have the answer to that question either, can you tell me where has Al Gore and Al Baradei gone with the prize winning money? Global warming is just a myth many would say, and Iraqi children still has no home. These people were recognized by the world on the so called beneficial works that they have done. Nothing changed; the circle is growing bigger, the destruction deeper and the miseries reality.

So, help me God.

No comments: