Friday, May 9, 2008

Cupido, I miss you

My earphone was still plugged in, engrossed by the melodious voice of the ever so green Arabic singer Fairuz, I could understand some of the wording, not too much, but enough to get by, among the words that are still singing in my ears ….. I will love you in the summer and I will love you in the winter. The melody was so beautiful, when suddenly the PA was on, announcing that we will be descending in about 20 minutes.

It was at this point of time, I realized that the flight has been delayed for nearly 40 minutes, so I must have slept well upon take off. Anyways, I need to get down fast and go on the first bus to the main terminal. In this airport the transit crowd is normally bad and I do not want to miss my onward flight. With cupido in my arms and my hand luggage on my shoulder, my pants half way folded and the scutes on my feet, I was ready to run.

I got on the first bus; it took another 10 minutes before we arrived at the main terminal. As anticipated the crowd was bad, and somehow no matter what they say about this country, it can never be organized. I got through the transit check point; cupido keeping me company all the time. Checked the boarding gate number, where my flight will be boarding from, and discovered that it is not far from the duty free shops. Did I say Duty Free?

Actually, most of the time, I don’t believe in duty free; because I have discovered that some items are cheaper in the mall outside. To top that there is no offer in the duty free shops, unlike in the mall. However, the last time, I was on transit here together with my little princess, I saw this one of a kind ring of rose gold and a solitaire diamond, so I decided to go and see if the ring is still there.

Nothing else interests me at this duty free shops, they are selling normal things you can find even in the smallest streets of Malaysia, except this one ring. I went to the counter, looked and looked and yes, it was still there. I was so excited, hoping that the price will be lower now, since it has been more than 8 months and no one bought it yet. Either it is too pricey or the design is to no one’s liking except me.

Put cupido safely on the counter, while I was trying the ring, I saw some cute baby trinkets (*wink* *wink*), look, try, talk, negotiate and finally tak beli pun, cuz the ring is more expensive now. Macam mana la mamak ni berniaga? Ahhh …… well, tak habis duit laki aku kan (with the sound of kehampaan). Decided not to waste anymore time, I turn round to pick cupido….. Lo and behold ….. cupido is gone. Cupido, oh cupido, where are you? You cannot leave me now, you have kept me company from the pervert and all this time on the trip, how can you leave me now? I went berserk; it is my birthday gift from my drama queen. No, no my cupido has been kidnapped. I start to swear at everything, and like a spoilt child I was whining and whining and I don’t have much time before boarding the bus to the plane. I approached one of the security people there who like idiot; just looked at me and said `no English’ meaning not speaking English. Second one, same scenario and a third, no help.

Bye cupido, I hope whoever took you from that counter will dream of me every night. He or she will have so much guilt that he will put you back on that counter for me to pick you up on my return trip. To my drama queen, this is my story of cupido. It is sad, I know………… but how la, banyak kels kat airport tu. Sorry baby.

3 comments:

redSeptember said...

i am trying to let the situation pass. but it's hard.

i really wanna see her in your arms when you get back.

Peeps said...

hi auntie..how are you?

i feel sorry for your lost..tension bila travel and one bad things lead to another. i've been there!

anyway..hope to read more posting!

-pp-

duckwin said...

InshaAllah Alia, when you love something so much you have to let it go. In this case cupiso went by herself :p


Hi peep
Long time no hear, how are you and wifey? You know when it rains it pours :p . blogger is also having problems, but rest assured the entries will keep coming.

take care