Friday, May 2, 2008

Lake Garden and Capati

It had been a long time since I went for a morning walk, so when I was invited by a good friend, I decided, why not? The first morning was tough to get going, as not only I have to get up early, but I also have to drive to her place, pick her up, and then head to the garden.

For all my living life in Malaysia, I have never been to this garden, ok, I have been to the bird’s park and I have been to the Lake Club, but venturing into the Lake garden in total, no!!! This place is huge, really very nice and green, very well kept, then again, construction knows no mercy in Malaysia, and not even this wonderful garden was spared.
I notice that there’s a massive construction taking place in the garden, the area around the construction site becomes very muddy and mushy during rainy days. However, you can be assured of fresh air, beautiful chirping of the birds and good crowd of people. Again, this is Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, anything is possible, in so many times that I have been there, I also discovered that the garden will be booked to host the company’s function. Sad, very sad, they will put on the music blasting loud; it just does not help, but ruin the serenity of the peaceful morning garden walk. I guess, wherever they can make a penny to be richer, they will, I wonder, how can we be a caring society when the people who are supposed to be showing us this, do not care at all.

After the morning walk, we will head to this tiny capati place for our breakfast. I swear to you that this is the best ever chapatti that I have eaten, the kids love it too. Honestly, I don’t know the name of the place; it is located in one of the back lanes of Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman. The place is so small, that we have to share tables with strangers, no one minds as long as we get to eat the capati or roti canai. This little shop also serves wonderful chicken, fish and mutton curry, dhal and another chicken dish, one I stumble upon one morning, when we had to share the table with a stranger. Apparently, he could not finish the plate of chicken and offered to share it with us. I am not someone who accepts such offers easily, but it looked marvelous, may be next time, I will check out what it is.

I will be away for awhile and I hope the Lake garden’s construction will be completed by then, though, one thing for sure, the capati and roti canai in that back lane will always remain.

1 comment:

Shadi said...

You are the best, one day we will walk together in that garden