Friday, October 30, 2009

She Wants To Snuggle

Chef Diva had suggested that we all will watch a scary movie to end the Halloween week this weekend. We agreed on the movie Orphan, and hubby is to hook up the sound system to make it more theater like. We are all excited and looking forward to the weekend.

My little angel is in her autumn break now, and so more than often she will come to snuggle up to me. Yesterday while she was busy at the computer, I was continuing watching a movie titled ‘Paranormal Activity’, when she wanted to come and watch with me. The movie was kind of slow and boring in the beginning, but we just wanted to know the ending.

The buildup of the excitement of the movie was towards the end, then I saw my little angel was covering her face with my blanket, and I started to laugh because it was so funny to see her so scared, yet she wants to carry on watching.

Anyways, we were alone in the night as Chef Diva had gone for her language class, and hubby has the boys’ night out. By the time they both returned, I was quite sleepy, but hubby suggested that we watch another movie, I could only last about 20 minutes before I dozed off. I am quite sure that it was already past mid night and both the girls had their lights out already.

I can’t remember how long I have been sleeping, when suddenly I was awaken by a shoulder shake, I opened my eyes to see my little angel standing there. She said “Ma, I can’t sleep, I am not tired (she will always say that she is not tired, instead of not sleepy)”. I could hardly open my eyes to argue, when she continues “I have recited all the supplications but I still cannot sleep”, hemm…………….. I know what she wants exactly.

I told her to come into bed with me, immediately she was lying next to me, all prepared with her blanket and pillows. Arr…………………. My little angel at 14, she still wants to snuggle up with her mama. Once settled I turned and hugged her, though I could not sleep on my left side because my shoulder situation is getting worse now, and it hurts me so much to sleep on my left, but for her I forego my pain just to let her know that I will always be there for her, including nights like this.

Our bed is big enough for all four of us to snuggle together, but ……………. Ermm………….. hubby and me do need our space too. So girls please don’t make this a habit ok.

No comments: