Friday, October 30, 2009

Sausage Rolls for The Flood Victims

She came home breathless one afternoon and told me that the next day will be the bake sale for her class, students are required to bring something baked for sale at the school, the proceeds will go to the flood victims of Philippines.

It was already late, all shops close latest by 7pm here, and I could not think of anything to do that fast. Chef Diva volunteered to try and bake some short bread for her. This was her first try at baking the short bread. Sadly, the results were not something that is good enough to go for sale.

Luckily I have 2 packets of chicken sausages, and a packet of the puff pastry. I convinced my little angel not to worry, as I will get up very early tomorrow and make some sausage rolls for her sale.

She was very happy by the time she was leaving home, a container of sausage rolls was ready for her to take to school and to be sold as part of her donation to the flood victims. A mother’s work will never be done, and like many mothers I have to be quick to come out with a solution. May the Lord give me the strength always. By the way my little angel was so happy that her sausage rolls were the first to be sold out.

Please do not surprise me too much ok darling………………… you must realize now that your mama is aging already *smile*

No comments: