Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dear Journal - The First Time

Dear Journal

Sometimes, life can be great. You know, when nothing can seem to go wrong, everything you have planned is coming together, when you feel unstoppable.

On his arrival date, I was a nervous wreck, don’t know why, many speculations were forming in my own mind. What if, what next and all what’s????

My adrenalin was beyond its normal flow, rushing to the airport, taking the airport pass, boarding the train and finally waiting at the arrival gate. The time of arrival seems to be snail slow, clock time came and went, still no sign of him, I tried to mingle around with the ground staff but it was just faking the thunderous beating of my heart.

Finally, the much awaited flight arrived, passengers started walking out and the butterflies in my stomach flew to a million. None a familiar face was spotted and it was an hour behind time. Where is he??, have I already missed him??, did he actually board the plane?? I was composing and calculating the odds against that, still waiting, still no sign of him………

When my anxiousness got the better of me, he came walking out, with a smile much waited for, and with a hug much hungered for and with two pecks on the cheeks, which was much anticipated for. There were no odd feelings between us, we settled in comfortably, and at one point I think I was making a nuisance of my anxiety, where upon I hope I was not offending him.

Thus, our history of us, not him neither I begun…………….

1 comment:

Shadi said...

Airport moments, part of our life :)

God Bless You