Thursday, November 6, 2008

Knock Knock..... Crowne Plaza

Arrived into Kuching, we took the airport taxi and straight for our check-in at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Riverside. I have always liked this hotel as it is neat, lavish, clean and a walking distance to the bazaar as well as the famous eatery places.

Our room was on the 13th floor, this is not a number that I fancy to be associated with especially when on vacation, however taking into consideration that we were here to celebrate the 13th birthday of my little angel, I just give a go for the room without much fuss.

Once our bags were deposited in the room, we changed to more comfortable walking shoes and out to the bazaar we went. We were walking and walking and walking, till it was already dark, we only returned to the hotel after dinner.

The first night both me and my little angel slept immediately as we were obviously very tired. My eldest girl meanwhile was still busy with her computer. I was still asleep the next morning only to be awaken when they both returned from their breakfast.

Someone was trying to open our room door at approximately 0130hours the night before and in the morning the girls discovered that the double lock to the door was opened. I alerted security and requested for a change of room. A couple of the senior staff came to meet with me and confirmed that the person who was trying to open our room door was the security on duty. He claimed that he did so because our door was not locked properly.

If that was so, why did he not go to front office and inform them to call us, or why does he not ring the bell on the door, instead of trying to open the door repeatedly? Questions were left unanswered, but we were moved from 13th floor to the Executive Floor on the 17th.

The experience was scary especially when we are in Kuching. However, the hotel made up for their fault and made sure that we feel safe for the rest of our stay there.

No comments: