Monday, November 24, 2008

Between Decision and Obligation

Last Sunday, me and my little angel went to Amcorp Mall as I had something to do there, besides, I love to browse around in the bazaar. Since we arrived quite late in the evening there were not too many stalls to feast our eyes on.

I discovered some very nice Xmas gifts for friends which were all within my budget, but there were even more things in the shops not the bazaar that I had to greet my teeth from buying. When we passed my favorite DVD shop, I extended my neck near the door and looked from a distance which stops short of me entering, because this shop will empty not only my pockets but also my purse.

I can sense that my little angel was getting a bit bored, as we were just browsing, with me every now and then stopping at a couple of shops in anticipation. It was getting dark too, while both our stomachs were singing the sad hunger song when we decided to leave in search for food.

We had the ever so famous Uptown chicken rice before heading home. It suddenly began to rain, strong heavy rain, I had to detour to the petrol station for a fill-up. On the way home the road became less visible because of the rain, traffic started stalling slowly. To kill time and boredom I started tickling my little angel till she shrilled with laughter over and over again and it just brings joy to me.

Just before entering the turning to our condo, we saw a family of three walking in the rain. It just breaks my heart to see how they were hurrying to a destination I know not of. We passed them and I made a U-Turn while my little angel went to the back of the car to get an umbrella to give to them.

I gave them the umbrella, that’s all that I can afford to do, I wish I could have offered to send them somewhere with cover, but I also have my Chef Diva waiting for her dinner at home. It was a decision that I have no choice but make. However, I am glad that at least the family of three will be walking in the heavy rain with a wee bit of comfort.

No comments: