Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ear-Candling.........does it work?

At Damai Resort we were given a super big room for three, It has a breath taking view of both the swimming pool and the blue sea. The girls did not waste any time to soak themselves in the sea, though the tide was low at the moment of arrival.

As much as I love the sea, I love to be pampered with reflexology and massage more. While the girls were busy looking for their seashells, I decided to have my foot massage. Just imagine lying on the bed with the breeze from the sea, and someone working on your foot, it was paradise. Little did I realize that the feet massage or reflexology comes with a free Ear-candling. I have never experienced the later, but there is a first in everything.

Ear-candling is a treatment that assists the natural clearing of earwax as well as toxins from the ear. This is done by placing a hollow candle in the ear, where one end of the hollow candle is lit, and the other end is placed in the ear canal. The flame thus creates warmth and suction which draws ear-wax and toxins out of the ear passageway.

This treatment is also believed to alleviate some of the following conditions:
- headaches
- sinus problems
- blocked ears
- inner ear pressure
- vertigo and imbalance
- migraine

The treatment did not have any effect on me at all, but I just enjoyed being pampered. The next day I had a whole body massage while the girls said their farewell to the beautiful Damai Resort Beach.

This is the place to be where the outside world does not matter at all, where TV and technology is not needed.

Looking forward to more trips there

No comments: