Saturday, November 1, 2008

Air Asia Definitly


When Air Asia was launched and introduced, I was only attracted to the color of the airplanes, curious of the super cheap flights, yet not adventurous enough to board the no frills airline. Despite friends making their recommendation on the credibility of Air Asia’s services, I was never one so easily influenced.

However, there should always be a first in everything in our life, so on October 27, 2008 Air Asia became my first no frills air transportation. The flight was from Kuala Lumpur / Kuching / Kuala Lumpur. On the morning of the travel, we arrived at the LCCT much too early, even before the counter was open. Then we saw that the flight will be delayed, I was like ok, so what’s new?

We were first in line at the counter, the staff was of course a He who wanted to be a She, so he/she greeted us so sweetly, informing us that the flight will be delayed for only 10 minutes, he/she was wearing a button that caught my eyes and cheekily I asked if I could have it. Without even questioning me, he/she took the button out from his/her shirt and gave the button to me. Beautiful first point.

After having our breakfast, at the canteen that was awarded as a clean premise (which surprised me, as the floor was dirty with litter and badly in need of a wet mop), we went to the waiting lounge, the staff was very nice and very informative.

On the plane, we were again approached by a pretty young thing in red, wanting to know if we need any assistance with the overhead compartment. Not only the cabin crews were beautiful, they were also very diplomatic and polite. Another plus point.

We experienced the same treatment on our return trip from Kuching. What are most commendable are the excellent services that come with this no frills airline. Even passengers on board were civic minded enough to help keep the plane clean.

Would I travel on AirAsia again? Definitely!!!

No comments: