Monday, November 17, 2008

Bedak Sejuk - Tell Me If It Works?

When I was growing up I remember having very bad skin, especially at the beginning of puberty, my parents were too busy with eight children to specially notice my skin. I grew up learning on my own from admiring others, on how to have good skin. One of my sisters in law though was particularly interested in helping me out, only that instead of making my skin better it just got worst.

I am one of those people who got better with age, may be also I became more knowledgeable, more aware of the opposite sex and more competitive among the same gender. Basic facial cleansing for me for a long long time was just simply using the Detol soap bar. Though it keeps my skin clean, however it becomes oilier, which thus encouraged the outburst of acne every now and then.

I noticed my late grandma as well as my mother using this thing called `bedak sejuk’ every day and night. The smell of the `bedak sejuk’ was horrible; it is like the smell of rice grains being soaked over night. They both surprisingly have good skin.

Once I started earning my own money, I become obsessed with skin care and I will only use the best in the market, however, behind the closed door of my own home the `bedak sejuk’ become my routine night moisturizer. I cannot give a testimonial here whether the branded skin care or the `bedak sejuk’ was helping my skin more, but indeed I do have better skin till now.

When we were in Kuching, Sarawak recently we came across someone selling `bedak sejuk’ at the Cultural Village, I persuaded my eldest girl to let me buy for her, so that she can try using the same since she has quite bad skin just like what I had before.

I am still waiting for her to tell me the effect the `bedak sejuk’ has on her skin.

No comments: