Friday, November 21, 2008

The Night I Nearly Killed An Indian

For some odd reason we had our meeting at the IKEA cafeteria, it was very informal though. It is one of those meeting where no one listens to anyone and then we will have to go over and over again on the same issue. It was half fun half frustrating as in the end instead of getting 100 percent we only achieved 10.

Anyways, the advantage of holding a meeting in such a place is that each pays for their own food. The other advantage is that when the meeting gets carried over for more than one and a half hour, also known as boring already, one by one the attendees will make some kind of excuse to leave the table and adjourn to the shopping mall.

Early on I saw one of the ladies savoring on a very interesting looking chicken dish, of course I was salivating but too shy to ask for a taste, so as the meeting progress to la la land, I excused myself and grab a plate of same. Came back to the table eat and laugh till my heart’s content and yeah ciao.

When I drove out of the parking lot it was raining quite heavily, I am not good at night driving because of my eyesight. The first traffic light that I took was red and I was first in line, it did not take long to go green. Naturally I just rammed on my accelerator, suddenly out of no where this Indian guy was glued to the front of my car. My heartbeat just stopped as I hit the break.

After like a flick of a second he moved, seeing that he was alright I wind down my screen and start throwing insults at the poor guy. Oops wait a minute I am the poor one here, what if I only discovered that he was wriggling under my tires, should I just run him over twice for being such an idiot or kill myself first.

Guess he knew that he was in the wrong, despite my insults he just walked away in the rain with his head bowed low.

I can’t help but keep on swearing as I drove off.

No comments: