Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bitter Sweet Buttery Durian

Last Saturday I had some guests in town, we agreed to meet in the morning, run some errands, meeting more friends followed with a simple chicken rice lunch. Then we went to see the new place that I was interested in. When it was time to send my guests back to the hotel I decided to go for durian first.

The durian place that I frequently go to is somewhere very close to the LRT station and the owner is a very nice person. So under the hot sun, we went for the durian attack. It started with one durian, then two and three more. We just could not stop till we knew that we will be puking durian if we don’t stop.

The bitter sweet buttery taste of the durian flesh will be such a waste to miss. We left with our heart content and very satisfied stomach. Once in the car I was trying to drive as fast as I could so that no one will irritate anyone with the pungent smell of durian from burping.

On Wednesday night I decided to go for another durian attack again, but this time round it was with some very close friends who are as mad about durian as I am. It was already late and raining when we arrived at my favorite durian stall. Cannot remember in total how many durians went down our throat and into our greedy stomach but for sure we were all so bloated and happy.

That night I was given some tips to the good way of durian eating. First; once you finish eating the durian pour some plain water in the empty shell and drink the water, this will prevent your body from feeling hot, second take one of the durian seeds and use it like a soap to wash your finger, this will eliminate the strong durian smell from sticking on to your fingers.

So remember this when you next do the durian thingy.

No comments: