Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Food Festival



It is the first of July, Alhamdulillah Chef Diva started her industrial training today. I was very happy when she was accepted here, as this means that we can be together again, and one less worrying for me to do.

We also decided to go for the food festival which is currently in town. As soon as we stepped out of the house, there was a sudden downpour, we had to turn back to take the umbrellas and jackets, while at the same time contemplating to cancel the trip all together. However, since we were already quite wet with rain, we proceeded.

The food spread from several countries was wonderful, Chef Diva and hubby shared a plate of kangaroo meat from Australia, I had salmon teppanyaki, my little angel went for some Mexico’s taco and salsa, we also shared an authentic local dish, a plate of kaftah, and ended the evening with a plate of banana chocolate crepe.

How I wish to find my own country food on display……………… regretfully there were none.

No comments: